Thursday, March 10, 2005

 

What do you read?

Hello all--let's make a list. Whoever sees this post: please tell us at least ONE thing that you READ regularly, i.e. thrice or more weekly. (I capitalize/embolden for the finals-weary among you, whose attention spans flicker like a graphic equalizer on a home stereo--to say nothing of your comprehension spans)

Maybe you read the news compiled by search engines like Google and Yahoo. If so, which one(s)?

If you're moi, and you consider yourself above (and beneath) decency, you might read this.

If you're Bobby, you can't make it through the day without FoxNews.com and a protein shake.

Comments:
Brilliant--I'll start.

I read Christian Science Monitor's (a famous Boston-based daily newspaper) online edition: http://www.csmonitor.com

A very classy publication. You can read about them, in their own words, here: http://www.csmonitor.com/aboutus/about_the_monitor.html

Charmed.
 
To clarify, you need not limit your contribution to newspapers or current events-related publications.

My purpose, rather, is to learn trends in people's reading habits.

For example, the shrewd commentator above reads nothing but books. Books about what and by whom? What's a good example?
 
The following is a description of what I mainly read.

I read news, almost exclusively, online. I frequent the DrudgeReport (for the excellent reporting, of course), the LA Times, and the New York Times, and less often The Nation, The Guardian, and CommonDreams.org.

I also read humor web sites each week: The Onion, Landoverbaptist.org and Whitehouse.org.

I read books. I'm trying to read every book on "The Guardian's 100 Best Books of All Time [list.]
[It's a] Full list of the 100 best works of fiction, alphabetically by author, as determined from a vote by 100 noted writers from 54 countries as released by the Norwegian Book Clubs. Don Quixote was named as the top book in history but otherwise no ranking was provided."
http://books.guardian.co.uk/news/articles/0,6109,711520,00.html

And, I read the Bible each day (for personal religious reasons). (BTW, if you'd like to know all about Jesus and how to get saved, don't call me :).) I'm reading the classic scriptures of most of the other world religions, too.

Last but not least, I read self-help books, and instructional books such as "How to Audition" by Gordon Hunt.

Happy Reading,
Jeffrey
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?